Yuneec Mantis Q review
This compact-sized drone is a competitor for DJI Mavic Mini
Yuneec Mantis Q is a small yet good performing drone that has become the competitor for the DJI Mavic Mini drone. This mini drone is powerful, sturdy, and has a good build. But does it match the performance of DJI drones? That is the question. Still, this drone is best suited for beginners who want to learn about drone technology.
Yuneec Mantis Q overview:
This compact and ultra-portable drone come with voice recognition and face detection technology. It is easy to handle and the cutting-edge technology makes the drone fly more stable and can withstand some mild windy conditions. The integrated camera of mantis Q can record high-resolution photos and videos. There are two resolution formats for images namely 16:9 and 4:3 resolution in JPEG and DNG formats. The same resolution is also for 4K videos.
Yuneec Mantis Q comes with vision tracking and face detection technology. All you have to do is look at the drone’s camera and it will activate and can take a photo from 13 feet height. It also comes with gesture control. In this mode, you can control your drone with specific hand gestures. With those hand gestures, you can make your drone take photos and videos. These are some of the exciting features found in Yuneec Mantis Q.
|Camera||Dimension||Weight||Flight time||Maximum speed|
|12 MP, 4K||6.6 x 3.7 x 2.4 inches (when folded) 9.8 x 7.36 x 2.4 inches (when flying)||1.05 pounds||33 minutes||41 mph|
Reasons to buy Yuneec Mantis Q:
- The 33 minutes of flight time is great for beginners.
- The design is compact and easy to carry around.
- This drone comes with GPS and RTH (Return to Home) feature.
- Comes with a multiple charger setup.
- The drone is fast when operated in sports mode.
- Very stable and easy to fly.
This to note before buying:
- The voice control is below average.
- The 4K video quality can be better.
- There is no mechanical camera stabilization for stable video quality.
- A bit pricey for the given features.
The design and build:
The Mantis Q is one of the more modest folding drones available. It estimates 2.3 by 3.8 by 6.6 inches (HWD) when folded for capacity, and 2.3 by 7.4 by 9.8 inches with arms open and prepared to fly. It doesn't add a huge amount of weight for you to carry, weighing in at about a pound. It's hefty enough to require FAA enlistment for noncommercial use.
The camera is mounted in the nose, however, it doesn't benefit from a three-pivot gimbal for adjustment, as most drones in this price bracket do. It's mounted on a slant component, so the camera can move in any direction possible for a good range of shooting images and videos. Yet, the Mantis Q depends on advanced instruments for adjustment, and as I'll discuss in later, that is necessarily a good thing.
This is the place where the Mantis Q truly begins to get fascinating. You will get 4K recordings and excellent photographs saved in JPEG or DNG design. The 12MP focal point is something to be excited about. The 4K recordings are staggering when you take them when the drone is flying at maximum velocity. You can store the video and photograph recordings on an SD card and you may share them quickly with your loved ones via web-based media networks.
In the application, you will find the Instant Share included. Use it to quickly impart the recordings and photos. The Mantis Q camera is in-constructed, completely coordinated in the drone. It isn't removable. In any case, the delicate mount 2-pivot gimbal absorbs a portion of the vibrations, consequently keeping the video and photograph quality high. The camera is tiltable for up to 90 degrees when your drone is in mid-flight.
Yuneec Mantis Q has some exciting features and the cutting-edge design is attractive. But this drone doesn't come close to fulfilling what the DJI drones did. But if you are a beginner and want to get an overall idea about how drones function, you can go for this drone. Since it is a mini drone you don't require any registration for this drone. But check with your country's FDFA regulations. Although this drone feels like a missed opportunity, it has few exciting features to keep you on the hook.
Yuneec Mantis Q YUNMQUS Foldable Camera Drone with WiFi Remote Electronics
- Small yet powerful, Mantis Q features cutting edge, advanced drone features such as voice control and facial detection in an easy-to-use, ultra portable package.
- Using an integrated camera, the Mantis Q records high resolution photos and videos. Still images with a resolution of 4800x2700 (16:9) or 4160x3120 (4:3) pixels are saved in JPEG or DNG format on the included MicroSD card; the same goes for up to 4K of recorded videos.
- Vision based tracking and face detection. Simply... Read More
DJI Mavic Mini:
With its featherweight (250 gms) which is equivalent to an average smartphone, DJI Mavic mini has created a revolution in the RC drone industry. Due to its lightweight, you can fly in Canada and the US without getting aviation permission (please check for your location before you buy).
This Mavic mini drone has a 12MP camera capable of shooting sharp and precise images and can record video at 2.7K resolution. You can record video from up to 2.5 miles. It can stay much longer in the air due to its lightweight design and you can enjoy the flight time for about 30 minutes when fully charged which is an unbeatable flight time for this price range. But everything has a price.
DJI Mavic Mini Combo - Drone FlyCam Quadcopter UAV with 2.7K Camera 3-Axis Gimbal GPS 30min Flight Time, less than 0.55lbs, Gray Everything Else
- Weighing less than 0 55lbs / 250 grams Mavic Mini is almost as light as the average smartphone In the United States and Canada you can fly this camera drone without the need to register your drone with the government
- The compact yet powerful Mavic Mini camera drone is the perfect creative companion capturing your moments in a way that effortlessly elevates the ordinary
- Mavic Mini's weight allows it to stay in the air longer than similar consumer FlyCams on the market Enjoy up... Read More
Ryze Tello is a step closer to if you’re looking for the best mini drone for your kid. The camera provided is 5MP which allows you to capture the moments and high-resolution 720p videos. This mini drone additionally has a great flight season of 13 minutes, so kids won’t be compelled to stop playing until they get the hang of it.
With the flight controller powered by DJI, you can perform awesome tricks with just a click from your controller. Anyone who wants to have fun flying, go grab this beautiful drone. One drawback: The Tello drone doesn’t accompany a regulator. On the off chance that you need one, you’ll need to purchase it independently.
Ryze Tech Tello - Mini Drone Quadcopter UAV for Kids Beginners 5MP Camera HD720 Video 13min Flight Time Education Scratch Programming Toy Selfies, powered by DJI, White Toys & Games
- Equipped with a high-quality image processor, the Tello drone shoots incredible photos and videos. Even if you don’t know how to fly, you can record pro-level videos with EZ Shots and share them on social media from your smartphone.
- Camera features 5MP (2592x1936) photos and HD720 videos at a maximum flight time of 13 minutes.
- Tello has two antennas that make video transmission extra stable and a high-capacity battery that offers impressively long flight times.
Holy Stone HS170:
With its Holystone HS170 mini drone, they have found their place in the best kids drone for both indoor and outdoor flight. It doesn’t have a camera since it's a beginner level toy drone. But given the price tag, we couldn’t argue with that. But it has built-in LED lights which are fun for kids. It is also fast and responsive and has 3-speed options. So you can change them accordingly.
It can perform stunts like 3D flips in all four directions and has a headless feature so you can fly them without worrying. It comes with two batteries with 8 minutes of flight time per battery charge. And it has a control range of 100-165 feet so you can have a good flight experience.
Holy Stone HS170 Mini Drone for Kids & Adults, Nano RC Quadcopter with 2 Batteries, Altitude Hold, Headless Mode, 3D Flip, One Key Take-Off, Speed Adjustment, Emergency Stop, Easy Toy Gift for Children Toys & Games
- Newbie-friendly Features: The drone is designed especially for the green hand, even inexperienced pilots can easily operate it and enjoy the flight. One-key Take-off and One-key Landing enable you to hover your drone with just one press. Altitude Hold and Headless Mode simplify your operation by holding your drone in certain height and direction.
- Intelligent Functions: A ton of functions are packed into the small drone. Three speed modes (3.3M/S、4.35M/S、5.9M/S) are available for en... Read More
Cheerson CX-10 Mini :
Cheerson CX-10 Mini is a mini toy drone designed especially for kids who want to have a fun flying experience. This drone comes in five different colors (blue, red, green, orange, and pink) for you to choose from.
This mini drone doesn’t have any camera but has a bright LED light which is suitable for night flight. You just have to throw the drone in the air for it to fly and the 6 axis gyro helps the drone for a stable hovering. The most attractive feature of this drone is that it can do stunts like flips, side flight, and hand launch. The flight time is 3-5 minutes, so if you’re thinking of having a longer flight experience, this drone might not be beneficial.
Cheerson CX-10 Mini 2.4G 4CH 6 Axis LED RC Quadcopter Toy Drone Toys & Games
- Suitable for: Ages 14+
- Model on Hubsan H111
- 6-axis design makes the gyroscope adjustable, promoting flying stability
- Flight time will be up to 4-8 minutes,3-level adjustable speed flip function
- Low voltage alarm... Read More