DJI Mavic Air 2 review
If you are a beginner or a hobbyist, this drone is tailor-made for you.
No wonder DJI is ruling the drone industry. Drones like DJI Mavic Air 2 have made them the favorite go-to brand for drones. The DJI Mavic Air 2 comes with a 48MP camera with a 1/2 inch CMOS sensor capable of capturing excellent aerial photographs. Mavic Air 2 also comes with a 3-axis gimbal so that you can take steady video in 4K clarity at 60FPS (Frames Per Second).
For those who want to take photos and videos at a long distance, it has OcuSync 2.0, which has the capacity of up to 6.2 miles. The list doesn't end here. It also has an impressive 34 minutes flight time, which allows you to take epic shots for a longer duration. If you are new to drone handling and afraid that you might hit something, don't worry. It also has obstacle sensing in three directions, which is convenient for beginners. You can control your drone via your DJI Fly App (Android v6.0 or above, iOS v10.0).
It is also equipped with some intelligent functions:
- Spotlight 2.0- Keeps your subject locked during shots.
- Active 3.0- Keeps the subject-centered.
- POI 3.0- Tracks moving subjects like people and vehicles.
Reasons to buy DJI Mavic Air 2:
- Healthy battery life for a more extended flight
- Amazing camera quality
- An excellent choice for beginners
- Easy to fly
Things to note:
- There are no sensors on the side and top.
- The controller has no screen.
- You need to register your drone.
An impressive controller with power-packed features:
If you need a slightly bigger version than Mavic Mini, you need to go for DJI Mavic Air 2. This DJI drone is bigger than DJI Mavic Air but smaller than DJI Mavic Zoom and DJI Mavic 2 pro. This will be larger than your palm but will be a great fit wherever you go. The significant change in this latest Mavic drone is its controller design. Unlike previous Mavic models, this controller has a smartphone holder on the top. The clamps fit perfectly to support your smartphone. You might find it difficult to lock your smartphone for the first few times. But over time, everything will be set.
The tripod, stock, and sports flight mode are exciting features useful for professionals and hobbyists alike. The power buttons and RTH (Return to Home) buttons are placed on the controller's front side. The controller has an "fn" button on the top left and a "controller wheel" button on the top right. The fn button helps your drone for a smooth landing, and the controller wheel button allows for tilting the camera up, down, and sideways. Overall the controller is an excellent update than its predecessors.
The picture quality- A standout impression:
The image and video quality stands out compared to its previous DJI drones. Moreover, this DJI Mavic Air's new sensors are an added feature, and the 8K hyper-lapse is something to look into. But for people who have been using DSLR cameras, the image quality from this 48 MP camera can be a bit of a disappointment. The resulting images are not sharp on the sides, and the images' quality is not satisfying. The 24 mm focal length and 2.8f aperture helps you to take some deep focus images with a wide-angle view. The image's sharpness is only in the center of the frame, and the sides are sometimes blurred.
The image quality is satisfying for beginners and drone hobbyists. But unlike DSLR cameras, which give you RAW filetype, the images of this drone are JPEG type, which is great. But RAW file types are useful for editing without any loss of quality, but the JPEG images can possibly give you some loss of quality. There is a "hyperlight" mode that can create quality images in low light and stitch several photos to reduce the picture's noise. It has 4K at 60FPS and 1080pi at 240FPS, which is not found even in higher variants. This makes the DJI Mavic Air 2 the best drone for photographers.
DJI Mavic Air 2 comes with a video transmission range of about 10 km. As far as I can tell, these range numbers are near impossible in reality. The field is the more significant part of that distance, yet unique and well out of the administrator's sight range. The Mavic Air 2 packs DJI's most recent article following tech, and it functions admirably as long as its impediments are perceived. Drag a case around a piece, and the product will bolt onto the item and keep it focused in the camera's field of view. Joined with the hindrance location sensors, this gives the Mavic Air 2 a noteworthy set-up of capacities.
Similarly, as a photograph and video highlights are progressively the computerized reasoning regions, too is flying. DJI has patched up its Active Track highlight to render 3.0 for the Air 2, which brings better subject-acknowledgment calculations and new 3D-planning abilities. Consolidated, these highlights improve the robot's capacity to follow individuals as they travel through a scene consequently. The camera stays bolted onto the subject, and the Air moves as much as it needs to keep your issue on edge.
The final thought about this drone is that if you are a beginner and want to explore the drone category, definitely go for this drone. We know that DJI Mavic Mini is the best drone for beginners, but if you're going to take your drone experience to the next level, go for this DJI Mavic Air 2. For photographers who need a portable, lightweight drone with excellent camera quality, you should check out this DJI Mavic Air 2 drone.
DJI Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo - Drone Quadcopter UAV with 48MP Camera 4K Video 8K Hyperlapse 1/2" CMOS Sensor 3-Axis Gimbal 34min Flight Time ActiveTrack 3.0 Ocusync 2.0, Gray Toys & Games
- 【UP YOUR GAME】: The Mavic Air 2 camera drone takes power and portability to the next level. It combines a powerful camera with intelligent shooting modes for stunning results. Push your imagination to its limits because aerial photography has never been this easy.
- 【NEXT-LEVEL CONTENT】: Capture impressive 48MP photos with a 1/2-inch CMOS sensor while the 3-axis gimbal provides 4K/60fps video. The secret to incredible HDR video is a high-performance Quad Bayer image sensor. OcuSy... Read More
Other similar drones:
1. DJI MAVIC PRO
The DJI Mavic Pro is highly affordable in the elite drone category. You get two batteries, and every other required accessory comes in the box. The best part of the drone is its camera, capable of taking 12MP still photos and 32MP spherical panorama shots. The video quality ranges from 4K at 30FPS, 2.7K at 60FPS, and full HD at 120FPS. The flight time is 27 minutes, which may be less than Mavic Air 2 but is still a great choice.
DJI - Mavic Pro Quadcopter with Remote Controller - Gray Toys & Games
- Fly for miles. From your pocket. Inside the Mavic’s pocket-sized remote controller is DJI’s brand new OcuSync transmission technology, with a range of 4. 3mi (7km) and Full HD 1080p video streaming.
- No bumps and scrapes When you know what’s in front of you, you won’t bump into it. The same is true of the Mavic. Using Flight Autonomy it can see obstacles as far away as 49ft (15m) in front.
- Absolute Precision Flight Autonomy technology means the Mavic ca... Read More
2. PARROT ANAFI FPV
After releasing this bug-like drone, Parrot Anafi FPV has become one of the contenders for high-end professional drones. And with its FPV kit, Parrot Anafi makes a breathtaking immersive flight experience. The Cockpit glasses are connected to the drone camera, and you can see your aerial views. The flight time is 26 minutes, which is great for professional users. Some of the fantastic video capturing features are
- Automatic framing,
- Low angle video,
- Aerial selfies.
- It also has a FollowMe feature that can track and follow your subject.
Parrot Anafi - FPV Drone Set - Lightweight and Foldable Quadcopter - FPV Cockpitglasses 3 for Immersive Flights - Full HD Live Streaming - Comprehensive and Compact Set with Backpack Toys & Games
- PARROT ANAFI FPV DRONE Fly your drone as if you were in it! The Anafi FPV kit is designed to provide you with breathtaking immersive flight experiences The comfortable Cockpitglasses 3 goggles are connected to the drone camera and plunge you directly into the heart of the action of your own aerial views in Full HD streaming Comfortable and ultra-compact the goggles are compatible with smartphones screen sizes between 4 7 and 5 5 inches
- Powerful and compact equipped with a stabilized 4K... Read More
3. AUTEL ROBOTICS EVO
If you are looking for a drone that is both safe and stable, then I suggest you look at Autel Robotics EVO. Even though it is slightly more expensive than the given price range, it is reliable. The 12MP camera allows you to take stunning aerial photographs and 4K videos. It also has a 3-axis gimbal, which reduces vibration during the shoot. It has a top speed of 45 mph and a flight time of 30 minutes, making it a worthy competition. The control range is up to 7Kms, which is good.
Autel Robotics EVO 2 Pro Drone 6K HDR Video Rugged Bundle, No Geo-Fencing (2021 Newest Fly More Combo) Toys & Games
- 【THIS COMBO INCLUDES】1* Ready to go EVO II pro 6K drone(1*Battery, 4*EVO 2 low noise propellers, 1* gimbal holder, 1*32 GB SD card), 1* remote control, 2* extra batteries, 8* extra EVO ii Low noise propellers, 1*extra 64GB SD card, 1* hard plastic Case etc. This bundle is backed by 30 Days REPLACEMENT or FULL REFUND, 12 Months free from defects services. Any concerns or issues, please contact autelroboticsus @ outlook .com directly.
- 【6K DRONE DESIGNED FOR PROFESSIONALS】 Autel R... Read More
4. DJI PHANTOM 4 PRO V2.0
The Phantom series drone is one of the most sought after drones for both professionals and photograph experts alike. This drone has put the DJI on the map of best consumer drones for industrial use. The Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 features a professional-grade 1-inch CMOS sensor that can record in 4K video resolution and 20 megapixels still photos. It has a flight speed of 72kph 8km range with 1080p live streaming. The flight time is 30 minutes, so you have ample time for your shooting.
DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 - Drone Quadcopter UAV with 20MP Camera 1" CMOS Sensor 4K H.265 Video 3-Axis Gimbal White Toys & Games
- The Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 camera drone comes equipped with a 3-axis motorized gimbal and a 1-inch 20MP CMOS sensor with a mechanical shutter that eliminates rolling shutter distortion.
- The standard controller features a smartphone holder. You will need to install the DJI GO 4 App on your phone to fly your drone.
- The Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 is a beast when it comes to flight performance. It has a maximum flight speed of 72 kph and an 8km transmission range with 1080p livestreaming and... Read More